Sunday, November 15, 2009

Velveta


Halloween in Velveta, as always, was a good laugh and lots of fun. Our friend Mickey came as "I Dream of Jeannie". That's Hans in an interpretive Spidey costume.



































Andy is enjoying this weirdness waaaayyy too much!!!

For those of you who follow the weather in Colorado (and I know you all do), you can't assume La Veta weather is the same as Denver or Colorado Springs. It's more like Albuerquerque or Santa Fe, NM. Denver and the Springs (oh yeah, babe. Here in Colorado we call it "The Springs") get more snow and wet weather. So when you hear Denver got 12" of snow this weekend, La Veta got 3". And a nice snowy day it was. Andy has his new snow boots and bomber hat.










Of course he had to torment Waffles with the stupid hat.
Our good friend Dave, who owns Sammie's Diner where we all gather, had a "mild" heart attack last week. He's back to work and doing fine. And, as most La Vetians, has no health insurance. A fundraiser was held for him yesterday at the diner. The heart of La Veta is huge. That's the attraction for Andy & I - the people. Over 150 people participated. It was awesome! I love this town!
I keep thinking I will post photos of the house soon, but every time I turn around, something else is being done and it seems the house is always in chaos. Oh well. That's all i got. lvoek

No comments: