Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bright Lights, Big City

Made a quick trip to CA last week to visit friends and my cats. It was a fine trip with lots of laughs and good meals! Thanks, everyone, for my wonderful stay! And I have to say I'm becoming a better flyer (Ha! Ha! Larry Homan!!). We hit a lot of turbulence at some point and I didn't even flinch!!

I arrived in La Veta last evening. Waffles greeted me with a disgusting muddy doggie saliva soaked tennis ball and Andy greeted me with open arms. They show love so differently...
Before I left we wrapped the house with a waterproof membrane and began installing the windows and flashing.



Andy wanted to take some pictures of me flashing....so I did...










I'm now getting back into the rhythm of La Veta. Tomorrow Andy and I will go to breakfast at one of two great breakfast places.


Main Street Diner
















or Sammie's





Then Waffles and I will go to the Post Office,





and to Charlie's Market for groceries.


The steam locomotive comes in from Alamosa around noon, dropping off tourists.




La Veta Liquors is on our stop if Andy needs Tanqueray and I want good beer.





Andy and I go to happy hour Friday's at the La Veta Inn (which is next door to Ricky Tims' Quilt Gallery - how we discovered La Veta)


















and visit with our favorite bartender, Karen,





and good friends such as C.J and Wayne.



Here are some
"before" pics of the east elevation of the house.















"After" shot with the new windows. They bay window is the kitchen.

Well, that's all I got. Lvoe, k

No comments: