Friday, June 27, 2008

Jumpin' Around

I'm writing this on July 1 even tho the date says June 27. The fireplace went in last week but it was wrong. Wow. That's something different. Andy was busy with other projects and couldn't supervise the installation.


You'll notice the chimney stack was a little high...like 3 feet too high. And the fireplace itself wasn't centered properly. The guys came back yesterday and fixed it.

The stack looks much better now. But at the time, Andy was jumping around like he had a fire in his pants. He doesn't mult-task with a good attitude and that day there were a dozen things calling for his attention.
Even Waffles tries to be invisible when he gets excited.

I've become a volunteer firefighter for the La Veta Fire Department. I got to drive the brush truck (known as B-11) and work the pump and hose to water trees in town!! I might get my gear tonight at training! I get 2 outfits...one for structural fires and one for wildland fires. I hope they don't make my butt look big.

There are little bugs called "no-see-ums" (I call 'em Little Bastards) which are actually midges (no, not the Barbie and Skipper kind) that bite/sting while you're working in the yard. You don't know it until later when the welts show up like a mosquito bite but the itch more and longer. They're my daddy. They own me. Since you "no-can-see-'ems" you don't know they're around having a buffet on your dime. Or ankles, shins, arms, scalp.

I'm still ripping siding and Andy has become a master window framer. Our windows have been ordered and should arrive end of July or early August. Now that IS exciting!















And the porch has been framed to some extent. These elevations are of the same side of the house and in order of construction. The odd pictures are of the model elevations Andy built before we started construction.

























































That's all i got for now. Lvoe,k
P.S. if you scroll down a ways, there's a place to click on to leave comments.

2 comments:

thuy said...

the old folk did a great job on the diagonal sheathing. i can't believe you're up tearing around on that ladder. that right there qualifies you to be a firefighter! years of dealing with the fire in andy's pants should also help. i hope to see pictures of you in uniform(s)!

can't believe andy built a model. f*cking architects!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Thuy...how the heck are you?

Rats - my love - nothing could make your ass look big....and, like Thuy, can't wait to see you in uniform...bet it'll make you look HOT!

Wish I could think of something funny to say, but its early...

Love you and hope to come visit soon.

Cakies